SEN/D Core Offer - Mrs Alison Towers (key contact for SEN concerns)Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEN/D) Information report
Our approach to teaching children with SEN
Lady Margaret Primary School aims state that:
- We value and help children to develop a healthy respect for themselves and others, with a clear moral code that will positively guide their life choices.
- We value the development of our children’s academic progress and nurture ambition, resilience and excellent skills for life as essential outcomes of their experience as learners.
- We value everyone within our school, regardless of race, gender, religion or abilities and provide equal access to all aspects of our curriculum.
- We value the cultural diversity brought to this school by our children as an enrichment to all that is shared and respected, so that our children will grow up and live harmoniously within the community.
These aims include all the children in our school including those with SEN/D.
What kinds of needs can be supported at Lady Margaret Primary School?
- Children with every type of need are supported at our school and we make our best efforts to ensure that every child in our school makes good progress and is well prepared for transition to Secondary school and beyond into adulthood.
Who can I talk to about my child’s needs?
- Class teacher
- SENCo / Assistant Head Inclusion – Mrs Hodgkinson (currently on maternity leave)
- SENCo – Mrs Towers
- Deputy Head – Mrs Bartholomew and Miss Simpson