School meals are provided by Harrisons Catering Services, which is an independent catering company that provides healthy, freshly cooked food. Their menu is published their web-site and is also available in leaflet from the school office.
Their menu is agreed by Ealing Education Contract Services, after a nutritional analysis. The menu meets with the National Standards for Primary Schools set by the Department for Education.
Free School Meals
All pupils in Reception to Year 2 are entitled to free school meals. For pupils in Year 3 to Year 6, families receiving the following benefits are eligible for free school meals.
- Income Support.
- Job Seekers Allowance (income Based only).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Assistance from the UK Border Agency.
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit and have an annual income of less than £16,190 (and not in receipt of Working Tax Credit).
- For pupils in Year 3 to Year 6 who are not entitled to free school meals, the most convenient way to pay for school meals is via Harrison’s secure online website www.ealingmeals.co.uk using a debit or credit card.
If you would prefer for your child to bring a packed lunch from home, please ensure that Harrisons Catering are aware of this so that you are not incorrectly charged for meals. It is important that packed lunches provides as healthy and balanced a lunch as what they would eat at home.
This means plenty of foods that contains the nutrients that children need and fewer foods high in sugar and saturated fat.